Joe,

        I've dealing with quite a few labs over the years and am now
primarily focused on NEBS testing.  The factors I considered for choosing
the right lab were (not necessarily in order of priority):

        Geographic Location - NEBS testing takes quite some time and T&E can
add up quickly
        Technical Capabilities - The people and the equipment
        Delivery of the Reports - The reports are the actual product that
you are buying.  It is imperative that the reports are generated in a timely
fashion and the                 content and format raises no doubts in the
eyes of your customer
        Cost - I think we all understand this point
        Flexibility - I am always under the gun to get in, test and get
outta Dodge.  I expect the lab of choice to be able to schedule tests
consecutively up front and do           their best to adjust the schedule to
accommodate slips due to various anomalies

        I chose NTS for my testing.  At the time, they were the only local
lab who could perform 100% of the testing on site and my initial evaluation
was on the positive side.  I do quite a bit of conferring on the GR-63 and
GR-1089 side and they are willing to discuss test plans and advise their
clients.  Their pricing structure appears to be competitive with other labs.
I have had very good experiences with scheduling and I am very much involved
in the test plan, testing and scheduling of every project.  I have had a few
issues with test reports in the past although this area seems to be
improving.  There was one instance where one of my customers kicked back a
test report because of it's format.  I was looking at a delay which I could
not afford at the time.  An NTS representative contacted my customer and
worked through this issue in an expeditious manner.  A lab must be willing
to back up it's product.  Being successful in justifying the data is
crucial.

        My overall experience has been positive.  Feel free to contact me
offline if you would like to discuss this further.

Thx,

Joe

Joe Finlayson
Manager, Compliance Engineering