Thanks for an excellent explanation Vic.

An additional point to ponder.

Ameritech specifically requires a listing to UL 1459 or UL 1950 in their
RFQ's.

Bell Canada specifically requires a listing to CSA C22.2 M225(Canadian
equivalent to UL 1459)  or the CSA 950/UL1950 3rd edition in their
RFQ's.

It is my understanding that many of the telco service providers (RBOC's
and independents) are moving towards listed products due to co-location
brought on by the telecommunications ACT of 1996.

Jim

James Wiese
Regulatory Compliance Engineer
ADTRAN, Inc.