> If you're going charlieplexed, then you'll be lighting only one cathode at
> a time. Depending, on your overall design, that might mean one cathode ON,
> at any time, period. What kind of nixie are you using ? You may actually,
> need much less than that 10mA, you originally specified. If so, you have a
> little more wiggle room, in your design.

Well yes, the tubes will be multiplexed. My plan is to make the converter
fairly general to support most medium sized tubes. In the first batch I
will most likely use IN-8's.
The nominal current is ca 2.5 mA so with a 4 tube clock I should need 10 mA
to get the same brightness. I do think that it might be (far) too bright
for use during the night, but I reckon that I can control that with a lower
duty cycle for either the anode or cathode drivers.

I haven't completed the design yet, but if it turns out to be too difficult
to get a full 10 mA at 200 V then it is probably not a big deal.

/Anton