Hello!
If the tubes are working fine I would just use them. This is a way to
salvage finicky tubes that you would be not using. I would bet that these
tubes were the result of poor production quality control since there are so
many that never develop problems. The thing to remember too is that all
current run through a tube uses up some of its ultimate life. Thus whether
regenerating tubes or using them in a clok or other project apply only what
current is necessary so you preserve as much life as possible. I have found
that it is not practical to rebuild nixie tubes. The ones I have rebuilt
develop problems after a few dozen hours of use, and I have not found
exactly why.

ron