I haven't run them yet on elevated currents, I'll give that a try
later on. At the moment it is easier to just replace the tube and give
it a mark.

I also have 1 tube that shows another interesting phenomena. I can
light up the decimal point with any digit except number 1. The decimal
point fades to almost invisible when I light digit 1, while with all
others it shows just fine. I find it particularly strange because
digit 1 is I think the furthest digit away from the decimal point.

Michel