What spence says, and keep your wiring short esp to the nixies.
A 1000u cap right at the power input wouldnt be bad either.
If the issue occurs at a certain ht voltage then maybe your reaching
the breakdown voltage of the switching fet/transistor, I've had this
before.
Another thing is the inverter high voltage supply inductor could be
saturating, this will happen suddenly and when it does it'll pull lots
more current and possibly deck the supply to your logic causing the
rtcic to freak out, if the inductor is warm then thats a sign this is
happening.