> I know only about companies producing leaded glass for bowls and other
> decorative glass.. Not tubing..

There's some coming out of China, according to the rumour mill.

> I found in one old patent that the amount of mercury
> is not critical..

Right - the mercury pressure equalizes at the vapor pressure of the coolest
part of the envelope, as long as you have enough.

> Ron Soyland discovered one z566m (or zm1040?) with
> intact mercury capsule - they were not able to crack it during
> manufacturing. We counted the volume and found that there was 2.5mg of
> mercury, I would start at that amount..

Right, the "enough" I referred to above doesn't require much at all.  You could
calculate it if you knew your total volume, the amount adsorbed on the
electrodes, and the cool spot temperature range.

> anyway, thanks for info that mercury doesnt affect breakdown voltage..

Yeah, that's why mercury vapor lamps have a "carrier" gas to establish the arc.

- John