Is there an exemption for Hg in C.F.L.'s and other Florescent lamps, since they are ALL made with it??? Ira.

On 10/2/2013 1:21 AM, Nick wrote:

On Wednesday, 2 October 2013 03:53:11 UTC+1, Joseph Bento wrote:

    My bedside nixie clock was built with six IN-14's.  It currently
    has 44,562 hours of operation, and the nixies show no sign of
    dimming.  That time is low long the nixies have been lit.  I have
    the clock set to blank the display from midnight to 6am daily.

Old nixies are not really relevant - obviously existing nixies (mostly) have Hg doping, but for new nixies being made now, its a potential issue - there is no exemption under the 2006 RoHS directive for nixies! Hg is one of the compounds explicitly tested for... ...

Nick
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/44f7fc31-d0b2-4a09-b369-783aaa8fa183%40googlegroups.com.