Okay else I will just take one of those step down converters off ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-pcs-DC-DC-LM2596-Power-Supply-Step-Down-Adjustable-Converter-Module1-3V-35V-/130984321712?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7f4622b0

For that price I can't go messing around with DC-DC converters myself and I
can just match the voltage to my tubes.

Do any of you use some sort of protection circuit for the filaments?