Because most of the guys, that have responded, had soldering irons in their
hands, when the only place they had hair, was on the top of their heads.
The solder traces, and solder mask, can get a little beat up during a
"rework". Also the excess of chemical residue, both flux, and whatever they
use in Solderwick, which I believe, is also some form of flux. Yeah, a
cleanup would have been nice.

Even though, I've held a soldering iron, almost daily since, I was ~12-ish,
and I'm 55 now, my rework leaves its mark. My mother worked as an assembler
for some 30 years. And a rework assembler most of that time. If she had
done the rework, you would never had known. Up until only a few months
before her passing, she would still critique my soldering work.

I don't know why the FET was replaced. Either it was bad "out-of-box", or
the assembler put it in backwards initially. Getting a bad part, use to be
rare, but now there's a whole controversy on questionable parts sources,
out of China. As I get older, I notice myself making mistakes, that I
wouldn't had made in my 20s or 30s. Those 4-pin DIP FETs can easily be
mounted incorrectly. Especially if your eyesight has deteriorated.