On Saturday, October 11, 2014 12:56:37 PM UTC-4, threeneurons wrote:

> Even though, I've held a soldering iron, almost daily since, I was
> ~12-ish, and I'm 55 now, my rework leaves its mark. My mother worked as an
> assembler for some 30 years. And a rework assembler most of that time. If
> she had done the rework, you would never had known. Up until only a few
> months before her passing, she would still critique my soldering work.

All rework leaves its mark. As long as it works well (both right away and
after extended use), it's good. Extra points for not causing needless
damage (lifting traces and then repairing), but normally this is all inside
the case and out of sight. Here's my most recent work, removing and
replacing 2 66-pin TSOPs on a Cisco switch. More info here
<http://www.tmk.com/blog/?p=735> for interested parties (and larger
versions of the pictures).