To: <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2014 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [neonixie-l] Re: Nixie Clock Cool Project- a few questions

tric.= trichlorethane ??   Ira

On 10/11/2014 5:00 PM, David Forbes wrote:
On 10/11/14 4:48 PM, Charles MacDonald wrote:
On 14-10-11 04:44 PM, Instrument Resources of America wrote:
I usually use a tooth brush and isopropyl alcohol. Then air dry, or use
compressed air if the circuitry is not static sensitive. Ira.

When I worked repairing computers, we used to use Tric.  Too bad that is
now banded as a carcinogen and a greenhouse gas, it took the flux off
likkity split.

Yeah, it's too bad. I had high school classmates who were killed by
it, from living near the missile factory in Tucson and getting cancer.

I'm very grateful for water-soluble flux these days. It's much safer.