On Oct 12, 2014, at 2:53 PM, David Forbes <dfor...@dakotacom.net> wrote:

> No magnification? You nuts.
>
> I bought a wonderful Bausch & Lomb stereo zoom microscope ten years ago,

I'm with David.  I bought a cheap Chinese stereo zoom boom microscope several
years back, and find it indispensable.

As for power and ground planes, I've run into that myself.  I sometimes have to
switch up to a different iron for those leads.  When I'm designing my own PC
boards, I put in thermal reliefs to avoid that pain.

- John