I have several neon transformers that I could use for testing, one with HV
leads ending in croc clips. I call it Cousin Vinnie, as if there's a
problem, Cousin Vinnie will fix them :) Still a pocket tester that will
not kill you outright sounds a good idea. I've seen sparkies using them to
test fluoro tubes.

Tom Harris <celephi...@gmail.com>