The thing about MOTs is they are built to a price and have some quirks, e.g.
one end of the secondary is connected to the core/ground. If cascading MOTs,
generally you would disconnect the wire from the core and daisy-chain the
secondaries but that then means that there is suddenly 2000V (or a multiple
thereof) between this wire and the core when the insulation in the transformer
was designed for zero volts. Further, you are also uplifting the voltage
between the primary and secondary way above what it was designed for.

If using MOTs in parallel, they should be identical models (obviously).

I.e there are some serious safety issues here. Even a small MOT-driven device
could cause serious injury or worse.

These sorts of voltages and currents can easily kill.

Basically, if you're not experienced in HV, I'd avoid MOTs.

If you really want to build a TC and are not especially drawn to retro, I.e.
rotary spark gap designs, I'd recommend a small DRSSTC (doubly resonant
solid-state Tesla coil).

These are pretty straight-forward, extremely satisfyingly and can be
audio-modulated. Lots of standard designs out there and lots of help on forums
such as 4HV. Pre-wound secondaries and all the bits (primary tubing, toploads,
insulators etc.) can be found on eBay.

HTH

Nick