I ran across similar capacitor problem when using surface mount tantalum
capacitors and MLCC capacitors, without the proper working voltage across
them they behave poorly. I had to read a lot of design notes and datasheets
to realise that they did not fit my design, MLCC capacitors has to be
reformed by heating over time (high capacitance types at least) and they
change value when stored and soldered. I didn't know about this before I
was using them but had to change to polypropylene capacitors in the end.
You can check the measurement specifications for MLCC capacitors and smd
tantalums from several manufacturers as well as from the instrument
manufacturers to see that these capacitors behave in manners that most
people wouldn't think of. Just measuring them to get correct readings isn't
possible with simple capacitor testers as the bias voltage when measuring
is usually to low - learned this while trying to measure them!

/Martin