I gave the MSP432 (Launchpad)  a try when it first came out; must have been
about 3 years ago. I was unable to get reliable communication (characters
randomly got dropped) thru the USB port on a Linux platform, so I put it in
the junkbox. The $12 price was irresistible.

If any of you are currently using the launchapd with Linux and see reliable
operation, please post and I'll buy another one with my next online order
and give it another try. I'm assuming I have an earlier version that was
not fully debugged on Linux; BTW, running on WIndoze is not an option I
would ever consider.