As far as I know, one can NOT build a bar-graph, or neon lamp style, LED, or any other indicator type, of VU meter. (Perhaps you built a 'level indicator' of sorts.) The very definition of a VU meter (at least the professional type) involves the mechanical ballistic damping, and mechanical response of the needle and the meter movement. Ira.