Sorry to ruin it for you guys... It's not a scam of some kind.  I bought the
tubes on Monday night.  I've been fighting with the other bidder over a bunch
of auctions.  It was my birthday Monday night and I wasn't going to let him win
that one even though it cost me as much as my new Rigol mso5000 oscilliscope.
I way over paid but I just might do it to him again on the other two.  I also
found another secret source for cheaper b7971's but they're getting scarcer and
scarcer and it's hit or miss too.  I bought 2 more last night for 150$.  Month
ago I got 6 for 400$ total and 2 for 250$ total from two different people.  I'm
working on a new smartsocket array and just bought a new mod-six from
Michael... Hopefully shipping this week!  I also have a v8-08 mod-six that's
older.  I think 7971's are going to become the next 568's.  I love the Nixie
glow but being able to make something besides numbers is priceless to me.
Maybe it's the computer scientist in me... Idk?  I love that b8971 clock too.
There are some b5971s on eBay now... Anyone built a mini one? I've seen board
Gerbers on the net for them.

Best Regards,

Bill