From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:neonixie-l@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of David Forbes
Sent: Friday, 16 August 2019 14:11
To: NeoNixie
Subject: Re: [neonixie-l] power supplies and radio interference

I work in radio astronomy, and I wear a Nixie watch. No problem.

But seriously, it is possible to build a low-emission switching supply. It
takes time and care and shielding. High voltage is more of a challenge.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 12:27 AM johnk <yend...@internode.on.net> wrote:

>From time to time I come across discussions where radio restorers [domestic
>and mil] want a low current valve-voltage (tube-voltage) power supply.

I often suggest that they look at the various Nixie supplies discussed here.

The usual response is along the lines that ANY “switching” or
not-linear-regulator supply will cause too much “noise” on the radio bands
involved.

Are there any active ticketed amateur radio guys here who have had first-hand
experience of this topic and are willing to share their wisdom?

John K

Australia.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/001501d553ea%24e0530ed0%24a0f92c70%24%40internode.on.net

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/001501d553ea%24e0530ed0%24a0f92c70%24%40internode.on.net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>