I was just playing with an AM radio in my bedroom. I found that it was picking
up interference when it was trying to tune in to a weak station (which is most
of them). One Nixie clock was a culprit, though I guess it could also be the
wall wart I am using for that. Another was a USB wall wart.

There is also something spraying wide band clicking noises, but that is a
different story.