The PC should see the board as a COMx connected over USB, so the software
(C#/.NET) just has to send some WMI data (CPU load %, Disk usage %, …) to
the serial interface… sounds easy :-)
The software should be a service, so the data can be sent even when nobody
is logged in.
And I would like to shutdown the high voltage if the pc goes to sleep or
turns off.
Probably I will end up killing my pc mainboard :-)