First of all, grounding - or - how to connect the shield, is not really
specified, and usually you should consider the chip's datasheet /
application notes on how to do it.

For example, see the TUSB4020BI
<https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tusb4020bi.pdf?ts=1613514246737&ref_url=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.ti.com%252Fproduct%252FTUSB4020BI>Datasheet,

page 27/28. But surely this is for series production and professional
product, if used as hobbyist project, i would just connect the shield to
ground.

A few more notes on USB:

I would move away the usb connector as far as possible from the HV supply.
I guess U3 is the MCU, so place near there. Also make sure you put TVS
diodes on the Data lines, to protect them from ESD damage, and differential
routing maybe should be used here too. If you don't have a pcb tool that
can do this, try at leas to have the usb datalines in the same distance and
trackwith and route them as parallel as possible.
Maybe also try and measure power first, i've had some issues with running a
nixie circuit off a *Standart USB Computer Port* since those are usually
limited to 500mA. Newer computers have electronic fuses / controllers, and
i've had the issue that at the start, the psu spiked to over 500mA, and the
Computer turned the USB off.  USB3 ports usually have 1000mA