Further to my last thought…..

Are you driving the control grid with a DC or pulsed signal? If not DC, could
there be a strobe effect between your high voltage and the control signal?

Bill

From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:neonixie-l@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of peter bunge
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2021 8:14 AM
To: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [neonixie-l] 8453/Z550M erratic

Hi Martin, I changed the circuit back to halfwave using a single diode from the
bridge rectifier and changing the capacitor. This was absolute minimum change
without moving anything else. Back came the erratic flashing. So it's not the
diode. It just does not like half wave.

My circuits are direct copies from the data sheet.

Peter

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 5:21 PM Dekatron42 <martin.forsb...@gmail.com