After you manually load new plugins run the nessus-update-plugins command. Then with the client disconnect and reconnect to the server. The new plugins should be there. If that does not work, stop and start the nessusd server, then reconnect the client.
Jeff -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 2:37 PM To: Christopher J Bidwell Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: plugins Hi, I put the new plug-ins in the /usr/local/lib/nessus/plugins. However when I connect from the client to the Master Server I'm getting the same number of plugins (1978). If I move the "plugins.OLD" dir to the plugins dir or the "plugins.NEW" dir to the plugins the client always shows me the "1978 plugins loaded" message: SL connection using DES-CBC3-SHA Using < NTP/1.2 > Connection with the server [xxx.xxx.xxx.xx] established. 1978 plugins loaded 145 preferences received 0 rules received How can I refresh the plugins on the client site. How to make sure the newest plugins are loaded? OLD plugins: ============== # ls *nasl | wc -l 1967 # ls *nes | wc -l 13 ]# ls *inc | wc -l 15 NEW plugins: ============ # ls *nasl | wc -l 2056 # ls *nes | wc -l 13 # ls *inc | wc -l 16 Thanks, Magda Hewryk -------------------------------- "Christopher J Bidwell" To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent by: Subject: Re: Load balancing issue [EMAIL PROTECTED] .nessus.org 03/30/04 11:45 AM nessus-update-plugins runs wget within its script to nessus.org. Are you able to browse to nessus.org? view your nessus-update-plugins script and try from the command line the same wget statement that the script invokes. Perhaps you have an ephemeral port problem on your router disallowing a certain port range access. Thanks, Chris Bidwell (CCNA), IT Specialist (Security) |---------+------------------------------> | | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | | | Sent by: | | | [EMAIL PROTECTED]| | | .nessus.org | | | | | | | | | 03/30/2004 09:29 AM| |---------+------------------------------> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------| | | | To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | | cc: | | Subject: Re: Load balancing issue | > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------| Hi, I've installed nessus server and client and I'm able to scan nodes. I'm in the process of learning how to update m plug-ins. 1.) I've d/l all-2.0.tar and untar . How can I load it into nessues? Should I do it on Master? 2.) # nessus-update-plugins command doesn't work for me - it hangs. I would worry about this later, maybe it is a network related issue. For now I'd like to know how can I update plug-ins using the all-2.0.tar file? Thanks, Magda Hewryk _______________________________________________ Nessus mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus _______________________________________________ Nessus mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus _______________________________________________ Nessus mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus _______________________________________________ Nessus mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
