On Wed, 11 May 2022 08:12:12 GMT, Michael McMahon <micha...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Jaikiran Pai has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   fix javadoc link in test
>
> src/java.net.http/share/classes/java/net/http/HttpClient.java line 378:
>
>> 376:          *
>> 377:          * @implSpec The default implementation of this method throws
>> 378:          * {@code UnsupportedOperationException}. {@code Builder}s
>> obtained
>
> I think the implSpec here is correct, but will be confusing for most users.
> I'm not sure what value it adds. Do we really need it?

Hello Michael,
Most users will be using the `HttpClient.newBuilder()` to create the builder,
so this note about `UnsupportedOperationException` can be confusing. However,
for implementations (libraries?) which provide their  own implementation of the
`java.net.http.HttpClient.Builder`, I think, this note would be relevant. This
approach is similar to what we already have on
`java.net.http.HttpClient.newWebSocketBuilder()` method.