I demand a recount -- I was turned away at the polls!

Just kidding....

Sent by:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:

OK - I've now tallied the results of the voting regarding
automatically adding a "[net-snmp-users]" (or similar) tag
to the subject line of messages posted to the mailing lists.
And I have to say that the results were somewhat unsatisfactory!

Of all those expressing an interest (either way), opinion was
split down the middle - 13 voting for and 13 voting against.

Of those subscribed to the net-snmp-users list, opinion was
also split down the middle - 11 voting for, and 11 voting against.

The only clear consensus was among those subscribed to the -coders
list, with 4 voting for, and 10 voting against.

The thing that's going to swing my decision is the fact that
almost all of the core developers expressed a preference against
having such a token.   I don't think it would have been appropriate
for us to apply a veto in the face of overwhelming support *for*
doing this. But given the divided nature of the vote, it doesn't
seem unreasonable to allow the opinions of those most closely
involved with the project to carry the day.

I'm therefore leaving things as they currently stand - i.e.  *not*
automatically adding anything to the subject line of postings to
any of the mailing lists.