On 09/05/07, Mark Riehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Is the MfD the best config to use for this?

That probably depends who you ask.

I dislike the MfD framework myself, but I try not to let my personal
opinions colour the advice I give on the list.  Robert has put a lot
of work into this framework, and although I disagree with many of
the design decisions (not to mention the amount of code generated!),
there's a lot of good stuff there.

  My personal preference for implementing MIBs tends to be the
mib2c.container.conf framework.

But if all you want is a simple test module, and aren't really interested
in the internals, then you might like to take a look at the 'create-dataset'
template.
   This handles all of the table data internally, so you should be able
to populate and query it via SNMP queries, with minimal coding needed.
Just have a look through the init routine, and make sure the appropriate
flags are set to allow row creation, etc.

I wouldn't tend to use this for a "real" MIB module, monitoring some
underlying subsystem.  But it sounds ideal for your needs here.