HR> We've got it "down" to slightly under 400K mainly by following that
HR> but that's still too large :-(

I doubt you'll be able to make massive jumps beyond that.  You may be
able to shave off another 100k or so by diving into code-removal in the
libraries and agent but I'm not even positive about that.

>> In short, though, there is a bunch of code in the snmplib library that
>> isn't really needed by the agent.

HR> Is this the first place to analyze ?

Probably

>> And there is a bunch in the agent that could be "optional".

HR> More configuration options for these ?

No, but that's what I'd do if I started analyzing the code for potential
"optional features" that could be removed: remove them via ifdefs and
add new options to configure.
--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.