HR> Is this the first place to analyze ?
>>
>> Probably

HR> Is this where there are "old crufty" APIs ? Is it more than this that
HR> can be removed ?

I'm honestly not sure off the top of my head (IE, I still don't have a
list).  It's not that it's old and crufty...  The base library supports
lots of things the agent doesn't need explicitly (an example is the
mib-parsing code, which is one of things you can turn off because I knew
that would be an easy target a while back).  The agent has a few things
in it that you may or may not need (if you're not going to send any
notifications, eg, you could ditch all of the notification code...).
Some of it may buy you more than other parts of it, but in the end I
don't know if you could shave off "tons" at the point you're at.  It all
depends on what you need.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.