[ First - *please* don't mail me privately, without copying
     any responses to the mailing list.  I don't have the time
     or inclination to offer private, unpaid, SNMP consultancy.
     Keep discussions to the list, where others can both learn
     and offer advice.  Thanks.   ]

2009/3/9 Vinod Nanjaiah <vinod_nanja...@mindtree.com>:
> Even after adding this piece of code data is not persistent. What more am I
> missing?

When you shut the agent down, does the 'netSnmpExampleString' line appear
in the persistent config file (/var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf) ?

Have you got any code to *read* the netSnmpExampleString directive?
i.e. a call to snmpd_register_config_handler(), together with the
corresponding config handler routine?