> No - it will use the "getopt()" library call - not the command-line binary.

Ok, that's it, it uses the system library. Nevertheless it uses something
available by the system and not by net-snmp, my mistake.

> What O/S is this "unix-based system"?

It is a sub-module (uses the kernel with some modifications) of LynxOS (not all
POSIX specifications) and it hasn't getopt available in the system.

> What does "man getopt" report?

Nothing, it has not man available. It is a very delicate OS :)

I have encountered net-snmp-config.h that is generated by configure. In this
file, HAVE_GETOPT_H is defined with value 1. I think if I could put it to 0 in
configure, this would work just fine.
Maybe, when putted into 0, this will make no difference but I would like to try
it.

Best Regards / Cumprimentos,

Sérgio Cabaço