On 5/25/2010 1:17 PM, Dave Shield wrote:
> On 25 May 2010 07:38, Jatin Davey<jasho...@cisco.com>  wrote:
>
>> I have written a script to capture the thread usage of a process using a
>> script. I have added this script to the snmpd.conf file so that when i
>> query the extOutput.x MIB variable i get the thread level data from the
>> snmpd daemon. I deployed this script successfully in around 25 servers
>> but on one server i am getting an error as below:
>>
> It's not entirely clear whether it's a client-side script, or the "extend"
> script that's failing here.

[Jatin] The scripts are running on the client side.
> What are the permissions on the extend scripts on the remote machine?

[Jatin] I have given all permissions to all types of users but still i
am getting the same error.
> What happens if you try to run this manually on that box?
>     (i.e. not via snmpd)

[Jatin] When i run manually on the remote box i get the correct output.
> What happens if you issue a "snmpwalk" command on the extend tables?
>    (from the Nagios server)
> Do you see the expected output or not?

[Jatin] When i run from the nagios server i get the error message
"Permission denied"
> Can you see anything from the offending system?  (e.g. walking system)

[Jatin] I have the snmpd daemon configured for ifMIb and
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB and the host returns correct values for them. I have
also added the extended MIB in the snmpd.conf file so that i can query it.
> What version(s) of the Net-SNMP agent do you have on each system?
> Are they all the same, or is the offending system different in some way?

[Jatin] All systems use the same version , it is net-snmp-5.3.2.2-9.el5.i386
> Dave

Thanks Dave , Please find my responses inline to your questions.

Thanks
Jatin