On 25 May 2010 09:08, Jatin Davey <jasho...@cisco.com> wrote:
>> What are the permissions on the extend scripts on the remote machine?
>
> [Jatin] I have given all permissions to all types of users but still i am
> getting the same error.

So
    ls -l /home/proc_threads/xxx_script
          shows

-rwxr-xr-x .....   /home/proc_threads/xxx_script

Correct?

>> What happens if you try to run this manually on that box?
>>    (i.e. not via snmpd)
>
> [Jatin] When i run manually on the remote box i get the correct output.

Good.

Is this running as root, or as a non-privileged user?
If as root, what happens if you run as a normal user?
In particular, what happens if you run as the user that snmpd is running as?

>> What happens if you issue a "snmpwalk" command on the extend tables?
>>   (from the Nagios server)
>> Do you see the expected output or not?
>
> [Jatin] When i run from the nagios server i get the error message
> "Permission denied"

So
     "snmpwalk -v 2c -c xxxx  XXXX NET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB::nsExtendObjects"

gives "Permission denied" - nothing else?
What happens if you issue this command from the remote system itself?
What about from another system on the network?

What are the full access control settings in the snmpd.conf file on
the offending system?

>> Can you see anything from the offending system?  (e.g. walking system)
>
> [Jatin] I have the snmpd daemon configured for ifMIb and HOST-RESOURCES-MIB
> and the host returns correct values for them. I have also added the extended
> MIB in the snmpd.conf file so that i can query it.

It would definitely be worth seeing the snmpd.conf file,
so we can confirm there's nothing wrong there.