On 5/25/2010 4:57 PM, Dave Shield wrote:
> On 25 May 2010 11:43, Jatin Davey<jasho...@cisco.com>  wrote:
>
>> I also turned off the iptables service to rule out if it is causing some
>> issues
>>
> No - you are receiving information from the SNMP agent,
> so that much is working.
>

>> but even then it is showing the permission denied error.
>>
> This is showing that the agent is failing to invoke the
> monitoring scripts.
>

>> Please let me know if there is something that i am missing.
>>
> I'd still like you to try running these scripts directly on the remote
> system as yourself (or any non-root user).
>
> Dave

Thanks Dave for your response , I created a new user in my linux box
using the useradd and passwd commands. Then issued the su test command
to log into the test user account. Then scrolled into the directory
where these script files were present and tried executing them and i get
the following error:

./javathreads: line 2: /home/proc_threads/tempfile: Permission denied
awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `/home/proc_threads/tempfile'
for read                                             ing (Permission denied)

This shows that i am unable to execute the scripts locally on the system
using a non-root account.
Could you let me know me know what more needs to be done.

Thanks
Jatin