On 28 June 2011 14:02, Joan Landry <joan.lan...@overturenetworks.com> wrote:
> I have a setup where I am running snmptrapd - and I am not able to get
> informs.
> Traps work fine.....

> my setup where traps are being sent from is embedded net-snmp where
> snmpd.conf is:
> trapsess -r 3 -t 1500 -Ci -e 0x80001f888089d4a911f37e044e -l authPriv
>     -u jlnewuser -a MD5 -A abcdefgh -x DES -X abcdefgh 10.11.12.32

> where x80001f888089d4a911f37e044e is the engine id snmptrapd

What happens if you omit the engine ID?
SNMPv3 inform notifications would normally probe for the remote
engine ID automatically, so that would be the first thing I'd check.

I'd also try with an SNMPv2 inform, just to confirm whether or not the
issue is related to inform requests in general, or SNMPv3 handling
in particular.