While I am able to buidl and exeucte net-snmp, but I have the following
issues/observations:

1.  I am trying to use the exact same working AgentX code under Windows that
tests and works under Linux, but connecting to the agent fails.   I noticed
that when net-snmp 1.5.7 loads up, there are maybe 6 MIBs that it does not
properly load.    Some of the FAQs describes that this is perhaps normal under
Windows, but I wanted to make sure this symptom is not important to the rest of
my issues.  Note that this is for the net-snmp build w/o OpenSSL or Perl. The
binaries were build from source using the build.bat file.

2.  When downloading OpenSSL and attempting to build with this using build.bat,
the build process fails.  I downloaded and installed OpenSSL according to the
readme, and tried to build using the build.bat file after making the small
change to the configuration file.

3. While I have Active Perl installed, the build.bat process when specifying
Perl install fails.

4  Mibs2c does not work without the Perl build.

5.  While the Linux distro for Fedora (version 1.5.6) is provided in binary
form, eliminating any potential build issues,  I am unable to find prebuilt
binaries for Windows.

I am testing the code running net-snmp as a standalone executable (as opposed
to a Windows service).

I would appreciate any advice you could render in these questions.

If I can provide you with additional diagnostic info on these issues, please
let me know.

Please respond to Bob ONeil at the following email address:

bon...@cinci.rr.com