On 31 July 2011 23:05,  <bon...@cinci.rr.com> wrote:
> 1.  I am trying to use the exact same working AgentX code under Windows
> that tests and works under Linux, but connecting to the agent fails.

Remember that by default, AgentX uses a named socket (/var/agentx/master)
which is not supported under Windows.  You'll have to explicitly tweak the
socket that's used.
   See the FAQ entry
        Can I use AgentX when running under Windows?
        (http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ:Agent_11)
             for details.

>   I noticed that when net-snmp 1.5.7 loads up, there are maybe 6 MIBs that it
> does not properly load.

Would you care to tell us which MIBs these are?
Or are we supposed to guess?

>   Some of the FAQs describes that this is perhaps normal under Windows,
> but I wanted to make sure this symptom is not important to the rest of my
> issues.

Sorry - without some indication as to which MIBs are affected, I've no
idea whether
they are significant or not.

> 2.  When downloading OpenSSL and attempting to build with this using
> build.bat,
> the build process fails.

Fails in what way?
What's the error?

>  I downloaded and installed OpenSSL according to the readme, and tried to
> build using
> the build.bat file after making the small change to the configuration file.

What change was this?

When reporting problems, please can you give as much detail as possible.
If we have to guess what's happening, it's much harder to help you.

> 3. While I have Active Perl installed, the build.bat process when specifying
> Perl install fails.

See above.

> 5.  While the Linux distro for Fedora (version 1.5.6) is provided in binary
> form, eliminating
> any potential build issues,  I am unable to find prebuilt binaries for
> Windows.

Yes - there's been a hiatus in providing Windows binaries recently.
I am hopeful that this should change in the very near future.
Watch This Space.