On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 12:05 AM, <bon...@cinci.rr.com> wrote:

> While I am able to buidl and exeucte net-snmp, but I have the following
> issues/observations:
>
> 1.  I am trying to use the exact same working AgentX code under Windows
> that tests and works under Linux, but connecting to the agent fails.

There must be something wrong then with the AgentX settings in snmpd.conf
(agentxsocket / master agentx).

> I noticed that when net-snmp 1.5.7 loads up, there are maybe 6 MIBs that it
> does not properly load.    Some of the FAQs describes that this is perhaps
> normal under Windows, but I wanted to make sure this symptom is not
> important to the rest of my issues.  Note that this is for the net-snmp
> build w/o OpenSSL or Perl. The binaries were build from source using the
> build.bat file.

Was this with or without winExtDLL built-in ? If this occurred with
winExtDLL enabled, see also the -I-... options in README.win32.

> 2.  When downloading OpenSSL and attempting to build with this using
> build.bat, the build process fails.  I downloaded and installed OpenSSL
> according to the readme, and tried to build using the build.bat file after
> making the small change to the configuration file.

You have to set the INCLUDE and LIB environment variables before running
vcvarsall.bat such that these point at the OpenSSL installation directory,
e.g. as follows:

set INCLUDE=C:\OpenSSL\include
set LIB=C:\OpenSSL\lib\VC
vcvarsall.bat