On 31 October 2011 18:51, Simon Chamlian <simon.chaml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an embedded board running Linux/net-snmp (TWR54418 from Freescale).

> [root@M54418TWR snmp]# mib2c -c mib2c.mfd.conf
>
> ERROR: You don't have the SNMP perl module installed.

Why do you need to create the MIB template code on the embedded
board itself?    It would work equally as well to run 'mib2c' on some
other system (with a full Net-SNMP environment),  tweak the code
that's produced to match your embedded environment  (which you'd
need to do anyway), and then include that module within the embedded agent.

Doing the development on the embedded board directly seems unnecessary.
It's more usual to cross-compile on another (non-embedded) system
and then install the results on the embedded target.
   I wouldn't normally expect the embedded system to have development
tools installed at all..