What does mib2c do?

I can always install it on a host computer and run it. But eventually, I
will need an application that returns values associated to my MIB OIDs.

Is that done by modifying the SNMP agent daemon or I can have a different
application interact with agent?

The tutorial
http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/Agent_Architecture
gives the C code to do it but it is not clear.

Thanks,
Simon