Hi all,

I have to add a proprietary MIB to debian's snmpd that I must be able to
query (get and set) from another networked computer on a non-standard
UDP port (network aspects will be a further step).

I have a MIB file in ~/.snmp/mibs and a perl extension for the agent,
that is currently very close to what I could find on the Net. I have
modiified the /etc/default/snmp, /etc/snmp/snmp.conf and
/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf as understood from various tutorials

SNMP v3 is a constraint so I have created a user following the tutorials
available on the Net.

Everything works when I query for exemple sysUpTime.0. But I cannot
access my private MIB:

- snmpget says "No Suvh Instance currently exists at this OID" but can
give me the name

- snmpwalk gives an empy content for the MIB when I ask from the top of
my private MIB

- snmptranslate says "Unknown Object Identifier (Sub-id not found :
(top)"

I don't know if this is sufficient a description for someone to help me.
My current belief is that the agent does not know how to answer, but I
can't seem to be able to find what prevents it from doing so (the perl
sub-agent is registered as read in the tutorials).

The only things I know about SNMP (apart from various interpretations of
the acronym, and the fact that once you've understood how it works it
'seems' simple) is what I have found the last days on the Net. thus
please forgive if I don't always use the most appropriate terms.
Network-wise I am rather a user, other than that I usually develop
low-level drivers.

Thanks a lot for any help

Daniel