Enjoying the thread,

why see the potential pixel as a failure - or the blue line on a blue
background? from another point of view they're too perfect, a perfection
that renders invisible, no distinction between figure and background.
couldn't this rather emphasize the code aspect of the work as opposed to
the visual?

i was also thinking about a 'digital diagonal', which when made of pixels
you could prove that couldn't exist. the length of a line created by a
pixel-diagonal wouldn't be the square root of vertical+horizontal, but just
their addition. for many years i thought i'd be taking the shortest route
by going diagonally from a to b through the city, but i was wrong. if the
city is perfectly squared it doesn't matter which route you take from a to
b, the total distance is the same, vertical+horizontal.

bjørn