hi Pall

I don't know if I'm playing devil's advocate or standing for your
point, but it comes to my mind the idea of a blueprint, which is not
exclusive to code. Wouldn't a script for a movie, the  lines of a
play, be also forms of laying out a final shape? And these codes
(text) are also self-standing pieces of art? I could go even further
and think of the frames of a movie compared to the screened result in
a session.

In case, the argument is very interesting.

Bruno