Hi  Alan

Did you read this bit?

"If we can agree that we (all subscribers) collectively own this place, and
are willing to reflect on this occasionally - that's more than enough for
me. We can stay with furtherfield legacy infrastructure and near-zero
moderation by Marc and me for now (if that suits everyone)."

I was asking for responses to a proposal. I see your point about allowing
people to go undeclared - I think it's a good one.

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 3:52 PM Alan Sondheim via NetBehaviour <
netbehaviour@lists.netbehaviour.org> wrote:

> [...]
>> things - from collective vision to organising waste-disposal. It's more
>> emergent here.
>>
>> If we can agree that Commons are "shared cultural or material resources
>> managed by communities for individual and collective benefit" then maybe
>> this is what we have been working out here over the last couple of weeks
>> and Netbehaviour is a kind of commons. If we can agree that we (all
>> subscribers) collectively own this place, and are willing to reflect on
>> this occasionally - that's more than enough for me. We can stay with
>> furtherfield legacy infrastructure and near-zero moderation by Marc and me
>> for now (if that suits everyone).
>>
>> Finally, I would be curious to hear your feelings about this proposal for
>> list renewal.
>> =======================
>>
>> Over a 1 month period starting xxx
>> We invite all subscribers to do one of 3 things
>>
>> 1. Make a post on any topic or responding to anyone else's post
>> 2. Send an email with "Happy Lurker" in the subject header
>> 3. Do nothing.
>>
>> At the end of this time, moderators could
>> 1. gather a list of everyone who posted
>> 2. unsubscribe everyone else.
>>
>> In this way we will know who we are, we will be able to see ourselves
>> collectively and know who is in the woods.
>>
>> This is something we can do intermittently.
>> ========================
>> If you all love, hate or have alternative suggestions to this idea I'd
>> love to know.
>>
>> warmly
>> Ruth
>>
>> --
>> Ruth Catlow
>> she/her
>> Co-founder & Artistic director of Furtherfield & DECAL Decentralised Arts
>> Lab
>> +44 (0) 77370 02879
>>
>> *I will only agree to speak at events that are racially and gender
>> balanced.
>>
>> **sending thanks
>> <https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-newsroom/press-releases/2019/november/think-before-you-thank-if-every-brit-sent-one-less-thank-you-email-a-day-we-would-save-16433-tonnes-of-carbon-a-year-the-same-as-81152-flights-to-madrid.html>
>>  in
>> advance
>>
>> *Furtherfield *disrupts and democratises art and technology through
>> exhibitions,
>> labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free thinking.
>> furtherfield.org <http://www.furtherfield.org/>
>>
>> *DECAL* Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0
>> technologies research hub
>>
>> for fairer, more dynamic & connected cultural ecologies & economies now.
>>
>> decal.is <http://www.decal.is>
>>
>> Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company Limited by Guarantee
>>
>> Registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
>>
>> Registered business address: Carbon Accountancy, 80-83 Long Lane, London,

Ruth Catlow
she/her