My mum died two years ago today. I've been thinking a lot about her lately. But
especially about how she struggled to look after our family on the council
estate with two wayward, violent fathers whilst living in extreme poverty.

The social services didn't help then; they tended to treat working-class
families like criminals in the 70s. They took my sister away when I was 7 years
old, and I was 8. I often wonder where Donna is now. It would be great to meet
her.
Anyway, the thing is, my mother was an amazing woman, and she deserved more
respect from society than the useless men she knew. She's a working-class hero.

Wishing you well

Marc

DR Marc Garrett -https://marcgarrett.org/
Furtherfield -[http://www.furtherfield.org](http://www.furtherfield.org/)