S.F. Yelp user faces lawsuit over review.

Article - Deborah Gag.

In a case that could chill free speech online, a San Francisco
chiropractor has sued a local artist over negative reviews published on
Yelp, the popular Web site that rates businesses.

Christopher Norberg, 26, of San Francisco posted the first review in
November 2007 after visiting Steven Biegel at the Advanced Chiropractic
Center on Valencia Street. In the six-paragraph write-up, Norberg
criticized Biegel's billing practices and said the chiropractor was
being dishonest with insurance companies.

When the chiropractor complained about the review, Norberg replaced it
with a new entry a few weeks later that read in part, "I think that he
is trying to scare me into removing a negative post (that might explain
why he has only positive ones). I believe that he has been harassing me
into shutting up, and I feel as a consumer I have a voice and that I can
use it on forums made for sharing it, especially when I feel that the
experience was unsatisfactory."

Biegel said both reviews were malicious and in February sued Norberg for
libel and invasion of privacy. If the case isn't settled, it will go to
trial in March in San Francisco Superior Court.

"I'm not looking for my 15 minutes of fame," Biegel said Wednesday.
"This suit was filed after a year of trying to resolve this. I am a
proponent of free speech, but at the same time, individuals have a
responsibility when they publish something as to the accuracy of it."

more...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/08/MNN81559L2.DTL