The notion that we might be "erasing our historical past as we create it
for the digital future" sounds somewhat absurd and escapist to me. If we
are not recognized for our efforts in the future, we should chalk it up to
a failure of our present to find a means to preserve our work? We all think
we're creating important and relevant work but if the future doesn't come
up with a way to extract and preserve it, then it probably didn't mean that
much to them.