Hasso Tepper wrote:
> No, that was different issue and isn't related with issue Alexey
> poiting to. The issue I complained and you fixed it, Jamal, was that
> IPv6 related netlink messages had always pid 0 even if they were issued
> by application.

It was unclear, so I have to correct myself - "... by application via
netlink socket." That was the change:
http://www.kernel.org/hg/linux-2.6/?cmd=changeset;node=061262a38daa1717e8343846bc9a8fd5712bd07a

> What Alexey pointing to is the change you did earlier - set pid in the
> messages not related to netlink sockets - ie. changes initiated by user
> using ioctls for example.

That was the change Alexey is talking about:
http://www.kernel.org/hg/linux-2.6/?cmd=changeset;node=bd982ca8d4365a3c34e66d8d1be1df04466a19e8

--
Hasso Tepper