William,

Not sure how this can be done in all cases.  Assume we have a box that allows
‘n’ boards to be plugged in slots 1..n.  During pre-provisioning we configure 2
boards of the same type, one in slot 1 and another in slot 2.  We also
pre-provision the ports and allocate subscriber interfaces and assign data
specific to these subscribers (so in a way this will be related to e.g. how the
ports are wired via an MDF).  The device is not really able to determine by
itself which board is contained in slot 1 (supporting the subscribers that are
wired via MDF to terminate on this board) and the other to the board in slot 2.
 The only way the device would be able to do so autonomously would be when e.g.
a serial number related to the boards is provided by the operator when
pre-provisioning the board.  The serial number is retrievable from the
inventory information present in the board and hence the device could relate a
board to a specific slot.  However… when the board gets broken it is
temporarily (or even permanently in case the board is really broken) replaced
by another board of the same type but with a different serial number.  This
would then mean that the operator also needs to modify that serial number since
the serial number in the inventory no longer matches the one entered by the
operator when configuring the board (it is not really expected/allowed that the
NC server would modify the RW data for that board).

Not really sure this is an elegant way of exposing this serial number
management to a network operator.  So don’t we need a mechanism via
configuration (i.e. R/W leafs) to configure this “containment” ?

Best regards - Vriendelijke groeten,

Bart Bogaert

Broadband-Access System Architect Data

Contact number +32 3 2408310 (+32 477 673952)

NOKIA

Copernicuslaan 50, 2018 Antwerp, Belgium
Fortis 220-0002334-42
VAT BE 0404 621 642 Register of Legal Entities Antwerp

<<
intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on
it, is strictly prohibited without the prior consent of its author.